Programme of the cross-border cooperation of the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI) "Lithuania - Poland – Russia 2007 - 2013"
The development of the Programme started in November 2006 and was completed in June 2008 when the final version of the Working Programme was submitted to the European Commission for approval.
On September 15, 2010 the first intake of applications for the Programme was completed. According to the information of the Joint technical secretariat of the Programme, a total of 190 project applications were submitted. From the Kaliningrad Region, project partners and applicants were Ministries and Agencies of the Government of the Kaliningrad Region, Administrations of municipalities, institutions of education and culture, and also nongovernmental organizations of the Kaliningrad Region.
In February 2012, the 6th meeting of the Joint monitoring committee approved the list of projects accepted for the implementation within the first intake of applications whose number was 35. From the reserve list within the first round of application submission, 18 projects were added. Therefore, the total number of projects accepted for the implementation was 53, and the total amount of funding on the part of the EU came to 75.2 ml Euro.
Within the Programme, 7 large-scale projects are being implemented with the total budget of 42.1 ml Euro. These include 4 projects for the total amount of 29.1 ml Euro in which the infrastructure component on the territory of the Kaliningrad Region was introduced (construction of sewerage networks and waste water treatment plants in the towns of Neman, Slavsk, and Mamonovo; modernization of part of the motorway Kaliningrad – Mamonovo 2).
A Kaliningrad Office of the Joint technical secretariat started operating in April 2012.
Among regular projects, 53 ones were signed including 12 projects in which the applicants are institutions from the Kaliningrad Region:
- «Lagoons as a Crossroads for Tourism and the Interaction of the People of South-East Baltic Region: from Early History to the Present Day"– Crossroads 2» (applicant – Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University); priority 2, area 2.1, infrastructure component was planned;
- «Close stranger: development of collaboration between the population of Gdansk, Kaliningrad and Klaipeda through the promotion of exchange in the sphere of contemporary art and culture » (applicant – Baltic branch of the National Centre for Contemporary Art); priority 2, area 2.2, soft project;
- «Tourism Information Network (TourInfo Net)» (applicant – Tourism Information Centre of the Kaliningrad Region); priority 2, area 2.1, infrastructure component was planned;
- «Cross-border cooperation of school television organizations in the Baltic Sea Region » (applicant – secondary school No 31); priority 2, area 2.2, infrastructure component was planned;
- «Establishment of the System of Maintaining Health of Schoolchildren in the Kaliningrad Region and Klaipeda District» (applicant – nonstate general education institution «N. Moroz School»); priority 2, area 2.2, soft project;
- «Support and Development of Rural Enterprise: from Local Experience to Cross-border Cooperation» (applicant – Kaliningrad Institute of Continuing Education for Agrobusiness); priority 2, area 2.3, soft project;
- «Establishment of modern centre of emergency medical services based on reconstruction of infrastructure, increase of medical assistance and experience in the region of cross-border cooperation (applicant – health care institution «Kaliningrad Centre of Emergency Medical Services»); priority 2, area 2.2, infrastructure component was planned;
- «High quality surgery across borders» (applicant – Kaliningrad Regional clinical hospital); priority 2, area 2.2, infrastructure component was planned;
- «Programme of prevention of postural disorders and scoliosis with children from small towns and villages» (applicant – Federal state institution Children's orthopedic health station «Pionersk»); priority 2, area 2.2, infrastructure component was planned;
- «Baltic Amber Coast. Development of trans-border territories by construction and modernization of tourism infrastructure. Part II» (applicant – Administration of the municipality «Yantarny urban district»); priority 2, area 2.1; infrastructure component was planned;
- «Efficient management and cooperation - response to common challenges in public finances» (applicant – Ministry of Finances of the Kaliningrad Region); priority 2, area 2.2, infrastructure component was planned;
- «Efficient public administration for people» (applicant – Civil Registry Office (Agency) of the Kaliningrad Region); priority 2, area 2.2; infrastructure component was planned.
In terms of the subject, the projects are broken down in the following manner: 16 projects – tourism; 12 projects – ecology; 7 projects – sports; 7 projects – public health; 4 projects – education; 3 projects - culture; and 3 projects are implemented within the sphere of SME support.
The current programme terminated in 2013. However, the finishing date of the projects is December 31, 2014.